- 1lb fresh nettle leaves, stems removed, washed well and chopped
- 3 - 4 small carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- some feta cheese to garnish
- salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika to taste
In a large boiling pot sauté the onions and garlic in some olive oil until soft and translucent. Then add the carrots and cook for 5 min until soft.
Then add the chopped nettle leaves and cook about 5 min, or until all the water is released (nettle leaves behave like spinach and will pretty much evaporate upon cooking so do not get alarmed if the 1 lb of leaves seems too much) and season with salt, black pepper, red pepper and some cayenne pepper.
Serve as is or with crumbled feta and a spoon of plain yogurt and ENJOY!