- 3 cups of beans
- 1 tbsp dry mint
- 1 tbsp dry savory (chubritza)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 whole dry chili pepper
- 1 bunch savory of special type, known in Bulgaria as "rogata chubritza" ( optional )
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2-3 sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper of any color
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- fresh mint and parsley to garnish
Step 3. Add water to the pot, approximately 1.5 inch above the beans.
Step 4. Add all of the ingredients without the salt. Putting the salt at the beginning, increases the cooking time.