You guys must be tired of me already - quite the prolific blogger today! Well, Crisco is hungry and after a record month of dining out (according to Mint), we have vowed to eat in as much as we possibly can.
After another healthy banana oatmeal breakfast and a labor-intensive Italian lunch, which required multiple hours in the kitchen, I was ready for a light and quick dinner (even Scratcho was groggy!)
Crisco's mom shared with me an amazing cabbage salad recipe over the holidays ( I am pretty much addicted to it and have made it many times since then).
- Shredded cabbage ( whatever you have on hand - I used a purple variety and some leftover Napa cabbage)
- Sliced carrots
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Minced garlic clove
- Sesame seeds (crush / crumble them a bit between your fingers to release more flavor)
- A bit of sesame oil
- 1 tbs soy sauce ( I buy it in bulk from Whole Foods)
- 1.5 tbs apple cider vinegar ( same as above)
- Chili pepper flakes for extra spicy kick
The interesting observation that Crisco made is how rare and great it is to be able to enjoy so many home made delicacies (lukanka, rakia, bread, etc.). Thanks!!!